Single Incision Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery Singapore
Hernia Surgery Singapore: Hernias occur when an organ pushes through an opening in the muscle or tissue holding it in place. Hernias are most common in the abdomen, but they can also appear in the upper thigh, belly button, and groin areas. The hernia can cause severe pain and potentially serious problems that could require emergency surgery.
Types of hernias
1. Inguinal (Groin) Hernia
2. Umbilical (Belly Button, Naval) Hernia
3. Ventral (Incisional) Hernia
Signs & Symptoms
- You may notice a bulge under the skin.
- You may feel pain when you lift heavy objects, cough, and strain during
urination or bowel movements, or during prolonged standing or sitting
- The pain may be sharp and immediate or a dull ache that gets worse
toward the end of the day
- Severe, continuous pain, redness, and tenderness are signs that the
hernia may be entrapped or strangulated
- These symptoms are cause for concern and immediate contact of your
physician or surgeon is essential as it may lead to life
Be sure to call your physician or surgeon if you develop any of the following:
Persistent fever over 101 degrees F (39 C)
Increasing abdominal or groin swelling
Pain that is not relieved by your medications
Persistent nausea or vomiting
Inability to urinate
Persistent cough or shortness of breath
Purulent drainage (pus) from any incision
Redness surrounding any of your incisions that is worsening or getting bigger
You are unable to eat or drink liquids
Hernia Surgery Singapore Treatment Options
The use of an abdominal wall binder is occasionally prescribed but often, ineffective. Incisional hernias do not go away on their own, and, may enlarge with time. The best surgical option preferred to resolve a hernia is the Single Incision Laparoscopic Hernia Repair Surgery.
This hernia surgery Singapore is quickly becoming the main choice of hernia surgery Singapore due to the following key differences from other surgeries:
1. Single keyhole VS 4 keyhole.
2. Less pain and able to return to work quicker than having a 4 key-hole or open repair surgery.
3. Repair of a recurrent hernia is often easier utilising laparoscopic techniques.
4. In the event of a second hernia, it is possible to check for and repair a second hernia on the opposite side at the time of the surgery.
5. Because only one small, single incision is used, the scar is practically non-existent, which is why this surgery is also known as scarless surgery.
If you think you may require a hernia surgery Singapore, please contact the SILS Centre at +65-6479-0608, or schedule a callback by clicking here. We will call you within 1 working day to schedule an appointment. Thank you.